Social distancing has made traditional bachelorette parties impossible, so we’re doing what we can to bring the fun to your home! Plan a virtual bachelorette party for yourself or a bride-to-be to keep the energy about the big day going!
Here are our favorite ways to get your girl group together for a night of celebration!
1. Customize an invitation in one of our favorite programs, Canva. Canva is really easy to use. The invitation will set the tone before your party! You can also create a fun background for your virtual party in Canva too!
Mix it up and make a customized background for each guest to showcase their personality or an inside joke and email them their background. Find out who is attending before, or add an RSVP to your invite.
2. Send the bride a gift either virtually or in the mail to show her how much you are truly missing this experience together.
3. Get all dolled up! These days, some of us are missing getting dressed up and having a night out on the town! A virtual bachelorette party is a perfect excuse to get out your expensive makeup palettes and dress to the nines for a night in with your girlfriends. Make it extra fun by getting ready together on Skype!
4. BYOB! Tell her girlfriends to grab their favorite bubbly drink and meet you at Zoom! Fun drinking games can make this activity feel inclusive even though you are miles apart from your ladies. If you aren’t a drinker substitute with whatever healthy choice gets you closer, i.e. broccoli, water, protein shake to your party and join the fun!
Take it up a notch by creating a themed drink that everyone has to recreate at home! Match it to your name, like a Martha-rita or a Jen and Tonic, to make it extra special for the bride!
5. No boys allowed! Try to keep the men out of the frames and out of the room to keep this party ladies only. This extra challenge is tricky during social isolation when it’s hard to find space to yourself at home. Try your best so you can give the bride the special attention she deserves. Exceptions can be made for male pets ;)
6. Sing your hearts out! Nothing says bachelorette party like karaoke! Team up for a duet or belt out a solo by choosing through the wide selection of karaoke videos on YouTube.
7. Play Bachelorette Bingo with your girls! This fun game is a great way to stay involved and keep the party going all night long! Take a drink every time you cross off a square and try to mark them off as fast as you can! Whoever gets bingo first wins!
Extra tips? Don’t be late! Treat this as a real party and make sure you’re on time to celebrate the bride! Make it fun and bring props or anything else you might have lying around from past bachelorette parties.
Do you know someone that is missing out on a traditional bachelorette party? Send this her way to give her ideas on how to still make her day fun. What’s your favorite bachelorette party game?